In this modern era, there are lots of brands and companies producing a thousand types of products. it’s true that the different types of ef lenses for video are available on the market, but finding the best ef lenses for video to suit your budget and needs can be a bit daunting. But, if you leave it in the hands of industry experts like us, you can be sure that you will come up with a reliable and trustworthy ef lenses for video. Also, it will save you valuable time and bucks. So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive into the selected comparison.
Our expert team spent hours analyzing, reading real consumer reviews, and pulling from our own personal experiences to bring you our list of the top ten best ef lenses for video available on the market right now. We have presented a variety of options from the different reputed brands. So you have many alternatives to pick the perfect one. If you ask us personally, then the ultimate choice, that we would recommend to you is Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens . If you are looking for something a bit budget-friendly, then you have got your Canon EF-M 22mm f2 STM Compact System Lens . For the rest options, read the article till the very end.
All ten of the options on our list come from reputed brands or companies and have their own unique features that make them great, it’s up to you to decide which one makes the most sense for you. if you are looking for an efficient and effective ef lenses for video, our comparison chart should be of great assistance to you.
Here is our comparative list available as well as our recommendations.
A Quick Comparison of Top Rated ef lenses for video
To help you make a pleasure buying decision, we have prepared the following section with some key features of each of these ef lenses for video. Take a look at the products below and pick the best one that fulfills your needs:
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
40 used from $101.95
- 50 millimeter focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography; Angle of view (horizontal, vertical, diagonal): 40º, 27º,46º
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 feet (0.35 meter) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continuous move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80 millimetre effective focal length on APS C cameras, 50 millimetre on full frame cameras. Lens construction: 6 elements in 5 groups
Canon EF-M 22mm f2 STM Compact System Lens
106 used from $144.91
- Moderate wide angle lens; equivalent to 35mm on a fullframe camera
- Builtin stepping motor provides smooth and quiet autofocus when shooting video
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds
- One aspheric element and bright f/2.0 lens for low light and soft backgrounds
- Minimum focusing distance of 5.9 inches/0.15 metres allows you to get close to your subjects
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
38 used from $159.00
- EF S ultra wide zoom lens. Drive System Lead screw and rack system driven by stepping motor
- Focal Length and Maximum Aperture: 10 18 millimeter, 1:4.5; 5.6
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.72 feet. ; 0.22 meter
- Stepping motor for noise free video shooting
- Optical image stabilizer
MFT Lens Adapter EF-M2II Auto-Focus Speed-Booster Control Ring for Canon EF Lens to M4/3 Camera GH4 GH5 GF8 GF9 GX8 GX85 E-M5 E-M10 E-M10II E-PL5 Pen-F
- Compatibility: EF-M2 II electronic lens converter allows Canon EF series lenses to be used on micro four thirds (mft) cameras, such as G6 G7 GH3 GF6 GF7 GX7 E-M5II E-PL7 E-PL8 E-PM2 E-P3 E-P5.
- 0.71x Focal Reducer: focal length is multiplied by 0.71 based on the original (equivalent focal length = focal length x 0.71), which helps enlarge 1 stop aperture.
- Function: auto focus (AF), EXIF signal transmission, increase the lens 1 f-stop and the amount of light into the virtual background, help to better highlight the theme; adjust the aperture directly via camera to control actual aperture of lens.
- Material & Design: bayonets are made of high quality metal with surface plating treatment, being durable and robust; optical glasses built in 4 groups / 5 glasses; with 1/4" thread tripod foot at the bottom; firmware can be upgraded via a micro USB port etc.
- Performance: smooth operating and quick focusing; use gold-plated PIN needle to transmit signal, greatly enhancing its transmission performance; inbuilt copper electronic contacts and IS function, making focus precise and clear.
Meike 35mm T2.1 S35 Manual Focus Wide Angle Prime Cinema Lens for Canon EF Mount and Cine Camcorder EOS C100 Mark II, EOS C200, EOS 300 Mark II, EOS C300 Mark III, Zcam E2-S6 6K
- With a wide aperture of T2.1, the lens allows you to create shallow depth of view videos, it will cover S35 sized sensors
- S35mm cine lens has a wide view angle of 48.2 degrees, great for portrait or landscape
- The lens structure is 10 groups 12 elements, makes the lens capable of producing sharp image and videos with low distortion
- Meike S35 Prime 35mm T2.1 is small and compact build, offers a focal length equivalent to 56mm with focal lengths that are ideal for video use
- This cine lenses have very little focus breathing, sharpness is perform very well both in the center and in the corners, it haven’t any significant chromatic aberration
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens - 9518B002 , Black
77 used from $625.99
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number
- Full-time manual focus permits critical focusing precision, even in AF mode. Help provide excellent color balance
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
Altura Photo 8mm f/3.0 Professional for Canon Wide Angle Lens Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Canon EOS 90D 80D 77D Rebel T8i T7 T7i T6i T6s T6 T100 SL2 SL3 DSLR Cameras with Canon EF Lens Mount
- Compatible with all Canon DSLR APS-C cameras; including the Rebel T8i, T7, T7i, T6s, T6i, T6, T5i, T4i, T3i, SL1, SL2, SL3, EOS 60D, 77D, 70D, 80D, 90D, EOS 7D, 7D MK II. Is also compatible with FULL FRAME cameras but please keep in mind it will produce a more circular "360" image with black vignette borders.
- EF Mount Canon fisheye lens with Manual Focus: Included removable hood allows for stunning 180° views. Not compatible with new Canon mirrorless R and M cameras.
- Exceptional Build Quality: The Altura Photo 8MM metal lens construction with a hybrid aspherical element and multi-layer lens coating will unlock powerful viewing angles as well as sharply defined images.
- Custom Lense Case: A custom designed protective lens case is included for safe storage, essential Canon Camera Accessories.
- Backed by Our 90-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.
Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Professional Ultra Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens for Canon EF-Mount EOS 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 7D, Rebel T8i, T7i, T7s, T6s, T6i, T6, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i and SL3
- EXPANSIVE 180 DEGREE VIEW - The Opteka 6.5mm f/3.5 Circular Fisheye Lens offers an incredibly exciting perspective and takes photography to a range that exceeds the ability of the human eye. Bend the typical view of your photographs and video to the extreme with the ability to capture a full 180 degree panoramic frame. That fishbowl angle, combined with the impressive 11.8-inch focusing distance, allows an incredible depth of field making the 6.5mm the perfect addition to your bag of tricks.
- HD SUPER MULTI-COATED OPTICS - In order to assist with the common and annoying problem of flare and ghosting, Opteka's Fisheye lens has been coated with a special layer above the optics to reduce this harmful effect. Additionally, a removable petal shaped lens hood is included reducing further the amount of light directly on the lens. This provides a valuable shelter from unwanted light rays helping you to capture ultra clear and vivid images.
- CONSISTENT AND SHARP IMAGES - Because a single aspherical element is utilized in the lens, this helps to reduce aberrations while maintaining a consistent illumination for sharpness around the entire image edge. Because there is so much detail in the frame of the fisheye with its wide angle view, this welcome addition is a helpful tool to create high quality and consistent images every time.
- DURABLE HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION - With an aluminum alloy lens mount, a super strong connection between lens and camera ensures your Opteka Fisheye will hold up against wear and tear and keep you capturing incredible images for years to come.
- COMPATIBILITY - Can be used on all Canon EOS APS-C cameras including 90D, 80D, 77D, 70D, 60D, 50D, 40D, 30D, 20D, 10D, 7D, Rebel T8i, T8, T7i, T7s, T7, T6i, T6s, T6, T5i, T5, T4i, T3i, T3, T2i, T1i, SL3, SL2, and SL1.
Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 Image Stabilization STM Zoom Lens
32 used from $75.00
- Compact and stylish standard zoom lens with image stabilization for EOS M series digital cameras
- A stepping motor (lead screw-type STM) helps provide smooth and quiet operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting videos
- High-speed, high-precision autofocusing is achieved by utilizing the full-time manual focus mode (AF+MF) to make fine adjustments after focusing
- Optical Image Stabilizer technology helps reduce camera shake, and achieves a level of sharpness equivalent to a shutter speed 3.5 settings faster for great performance even when using handheld photography
- Efficiently designed with three aspheric lenses (one GMo and two PMo) and uses short back focus to help produce high image quality results
Canon EOS Rebel T7 DSLR Camera|2 Lens Kit with EF18-55mm + EF 75-300mm Lens, Black
22 used from $445.95
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and eye detection AF 24.1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology working temperature range: 32-104°F/0-40°C
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
- Optical Viewfinder with approx 95% viewing coverage
- Use the EOS Utility Webcam Beta Software (Mac and Windows) to turn your compatible Canon camera into a high-quality webcam
After analyzing the above 10 best-selling ef lenses for video, you may get a crystal and clear idea about your product. This article was created with the hope that you will be able to find the best ef lenses for video that fits your budget & requirements. And we think that we were able to succeed in this mission.
All the selected ef lenses for video are leading products available on the market. If you are looking for a cheap ef lenses for video because you will be making limited use of it, go for the Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens which will give you what you pay for.
Our request, please don’t forget to share the article with your friends and keep visiting verywellpick.com for more information and reviews. Also if you think you need more information, please feel free to contact me or let me know in the comment box below.