Our team of experts has spent considerable time researching and analyzing the f mount macro lens. So, if you want detailed insights, make sure you read the entire article carefully in the end.
We always take the extra step when listing and reviewing products, so that our visitors are comes in contact with the best and most reliable f mount macro lens. After hours of analysis and research, we conclude that Venus Optics Laowa 24mm f/14 2X Macro Probe Lens with Nikon F Mount may be the best one for your needs. But, if you are still looking for something cheaper and more reliable, you can go to Venus Optics Laowa 24mm f/14 2X Macro Probe Lens with Canon EF Mount .
The table below provides a quick overview of the best f mount macro lens. You can check out the design before reading a full review. Also, features that make each product stand out from the crowd are highlighted in order to save your valuable time.
Our comparative list available as well as our recommendations.
To help you make a pleasure buying decision, we have prepared the following section with some key features of each of these f mount macro lens. Take a look at the products below and pick the best one that fulfills your needs:
Venus Optics Laowa 24mm f/14 2X Macro Probe Lens with Nikon F Mount
1 used from $1,299.00
- Wide-angle prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 36mm equivalent focal length.
- Unique macro lens design offers a greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1.5' and a working distance of just 0.8".
- The long, tubular lens barrel contributes to producing a distinct bug-eye perspective and, despite the short working distance, the length of the lens barrel places the camera at a comfortable shooting distance.
- Wide-angle 24mm focal length affords greater depth of field and more surrounding detail than traditional telephoto macro designs, which tend to isolate subject matter with shallow depth of field.
- Optical design includes two extra-low dispersion elements that control color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy. One extra refractive index element is also featured, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
Venus Optics Laowa 24mm f/14 2X Macro Probe Lens with Canon EF Mount
- FULL FRAME COVERAGE: The Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe can cover both the standard 35mm full frame and Super35 image sensors
- DEEP DEPTH OF FIELD: The wide angle design also means much greater depth of field at close distances (compared to the telephoto macro lens) so that more background details can now be seen. Being able to focus so close but still have deep depth of field is a big advantage for both studio and wildlife photography
- LONG TUBULAR LENS BARREL: For traditional macro lenses, you need to get really close to your subject in order to take a good macro shot. But some areas are just simply inaccessible. Thanks to the 15.7 inches (40 cm) long barrel, you can focus really close to the subject but still keep yourself and your camera a reasonable distance away
- LED RING LIGHT: Macro photography is about Depth of Field and smaller apertures are usually required. An LED ring light (powered by an optional external battery) is embedded in the lens tip to provide additional lighting for focus assistance
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: Despite the long tubular design, the Laowa probe is actually super light and easy to carry. It weighs only 1.04 pounds
TOKINA ATX-i 100mm Macro F2.8 for Nikon F Mount
1 used from $345.51
- Compact and lightweight design
- Life-sized (1:1) reproduction at 30 cm
- Extremely high corner to corner resolving performance and almost zero distortion
- Beautiful bokeh with almost circular-shaped background highlights for portrait shooting thanks to classical extending barrel focusing system
Zeiss Milvus 100mm F/2M ZF.2 Lens (Nikon F-Mount)
2 used from $1,485.00
- CREATIVE STILL AND VIDEO PHOTOGRAPHY THROUGH PRECISE MANUAL FOCUSING: ZEISS Milvus lenses feature a large rotation angle which enables pinpoint focusing. The top-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without backlash, optimally supporting the photographer's creative interplay with the focal plane of high-speed fixed focal lengths. Engraving in both meters and feet and the focus scale provide additional support for manual focusing. The continuous aperture setting (de-click function with ZF.2 mount) and the long focusing range lay optimal conditions for video photography.
- FUTURE-PROOF SOLUTION FOR HIGH-RESOLUTION CAMERA SYSTEMS: The excellent image performance of the ZEISS Milvus lenses is sharply focused on the requirements of current and future high-performance digital cameras. Thanks to the low level of stray light allowed by the lens design, high-contrast images are possible with increasing high dynamic ranges of the sensors (HDR). The minimization of coma, astigmatism and spherical aberrations enables consistently high resolution over the entire image field. The optics are designed to ensure full utilization of the performance provided by high-resolution camera systems.
- EXCELLENT IMAGERY, EVEN IN DIFFICULT LIGHT CONDITIONS: All lenses features ZEISS T* antireflective coating. In addition, all lens edges are finished with a special pitch-black lacquer in a complex manual process. Light traps in mechanical components and specially designed surfaces are integrated to prevent the occurrence of reflections.
- STABLE IMAGE PERFORMANCE OVER THE ENTIRE FOCUSING RANGE: State-of-the-art camera systems and high-resolution digital image sensors demand more and more performance from the lens. The Floating Elements Design permits constantly high image performance in the focal plane from the minimum object distance to infinity.
- DURABILITY AND PROTECTION AGAINST THE ELEMENTS: The all-metal housing has special seals for protection against dust and splashes to expand the photographer's creative potential by guaranteeing the system's functional reliability even in environmentally difficult situations.
Venus Optics Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra-Macro (Nikon F Mount)
2 used from $316.09
- Macro Shooting: It is optimized for macro shooting between 2.5X – 5X life size and allows sufficient lighting on the object for easier shooting in the field
- Close-Up Imaging: Dedicated to extreme close-up imaging, this lens is a specialized macro lens for photographing subjects at magnifications greater than life-size. Specifically developed for macro photography, this lens is designed for use within a 2.5:1 to 5:1 magnification range for producing greater-than-life-size imagery
- Magnification: Wide-angle design with magnification range from 2.5 to 5X benefits the high magnification design by providing greater depth of field compared to lenses with telephoto or longer focal lengths. Moreover, it offers manual focus operation for precise control over focusing distance when working with close-up subjects
- Optical Design: Complementing the close-up capabilities, the optical design incorporates 8 elements in 6 groups with an extra-low dispersion element to deliver an unprecedented corner to corner sharpness. This dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity
- Lightweight Design: It comes with small lens barrel, compact and lightweight design
Venus Optics Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra-Macro (Sony FE Mount)
1 used from $355.00
- MACRO SHOOTING: The compact, lightweight, and versatile high magnification Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x Ultra Macro lens from Venus Optics is specially designed with an extended working distance. It is optimized for macro shooting between 2.5X – 5X life size and allows sufficient lighting on the object for easier shooting in the field
- CLOSE-UP IMAGING: Dedicated to extreme close-up imaging, this lens is a specialized macro lens for photographing subjects at magnifications greater than life-size. Specifically developed for macro photography, this lens is designed for use within a 2.5:1 to 5:1 magnification range for producing greater-than-life-size imagery
- MAGNIFICATION: Wide-angle design with magnification range from 2.5 to 5X benefits the high magnification design by providing greater depth of field compared to lenses with telephoto or longer focal lengths. Moreover, it offers manual focus operation for precise control over focusing distance when working with close-up subjects
- OPTICAL DESIGN: Complementing the close-up capabilities, the optical design incorporates 8 elements in 6 groups with an extra-low dispersion element to deliver an unprecedented corner to corner sharpness. This dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations for a high degree of clarity
Venus Laowa 65mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO Lens for Fuji X
- 2X macro magnification
- Apochromatic optical design
- Light & compact
- Outstanding sharpness, color and clarity
Venus Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide Angle 1:1 Macro Lens with Shift for Nikon F Mount
1 used from $388.00
- This Item Includes: Venus Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide Angle 1:1 Macro Lens - Front & Rear Lens Cap
- Full Frame Sensor Supported
- Multi-layer low-reflective coatings to avoid unnecessary flare
- The enclosure of the lens is made of metal to strengthen its durability.
- +/- 6mm Shift ability
Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO SLR Black Macro Lens – Camera Lenses and Filters (SLR, 12/10, Macro Lens, 0.247 m, Sony E, Full Frame)
1 used from $425.00
- Laowa 100mm f/2.8 2x Ultra Macro APO component for: SLR.
- Lens structure (elements/groups): 12/10.
- Lens type: Macro lens camera brands compatibility: Sony.
- Maximum zoom (PS): 2x. Product colour: Black. Diameter: 7.2 cm.
- Filter size: 6.7 cm
Canon RF35mm F1.8 IS Macro STM Lens, Black
10 used from $388.00
- Compact macro Lens with 0.5x Magnification Ratio
- Minimum Focusing Distance of 0.56 ft. ; 0.17M
- Control Ring for direct setting changes
- Optical Image Stabilization at up to 5 Stops of shake Correction
- 12 pin Communication System
This unbiased article currently lists a few of the best f mount macro lens in the market and also includes in-depth details of every item to help you make the right decision. If you do not find your own choice, check these TOKINA ATX-i 100mm Macro F2.8 for Nikon F Mount , it is the best selling item in the market. If you think that the information provided here is confusing, wrong or actually removed from the actual information, please do not hesitate to contact us. We’ll always be there for you.