A stationary bike is a great choice for losing weight. After having a stationary bike, you may have a question about how long should you ride a stationary bike to lose weight.
In short, you should arrange 30 minutes to an hour for a stationary bike ride. The most efficient side of a stationary bike is the timing. You can ride it anytime whenever you get time.
Listen: According to the researchers, a person of 155-pound can burn 260 calories at a moderate intensity within 30 minutes. Next, a person of 185-pound can burn 311 calories at the same time and intensity. Then, a person of 125-pound can burn up to 211 calories at the same time and intensity.
Know the factors below to make a perfect workout plan. Remember, you must make a workout plan regarding your weight, time, and stationary bike.
Factors That Influence Weight Loss on a stationary bike
A perfect workout plan can get you the desired result in minimal time. You will get a workout plan with the stationary bike. Customize the plan by an expert so that you can meet your goal easily. Mention time in your plan.
Your present weight or fitness:
If you are above 185-pound, then you need time. You cannot burn weight like a person of 125-pound. Keep patient and continue the workouts.
Next, if you are fit at present, then make a plan to keep the fitness the same. Don’t burn more fat otherwise, you will get seek.
Twice a day is perfect timing for burning weight on a stationary bike. Most office-going people choose an evening session. However, the morning is the best time for every workout. Try to choose the morning session.
The more intensity level you have fixed, the more fat you can burn. It means the pressure in your body. A high level of intensity will make you sweat too much. On the other hand, it may cause back pain too.
Choose the perfect intensity at different times regarding your present fitness level.
Type of bike:
You will find three types of stationary bikes in the market. They are mostly similar but different in the case of benefits. The different bikes are the Upright bike, the Recumbent bike, and the Dual-action bike.
Upright bikes are like normal road bikes that create an intensity in both legs and hands. A recumbent bike is a perfect choice for the person having back pain. This bike does not create that much pressure on the back and hands.
Next, a Dual-action bike is too efficient for burning fat faster. It creates pressure in the body.
Weight Loss On Stationary Bike: For The Beginners
If you are a beginner at using a stationary bike, then you should start with 30 minutes workouts. High intensity and a long time may cause back pain and other pains as well.
Follow the instructions on how to start paddling on a stationary bike for beginners
- Start with off paddling at a low-intensity level for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Raise the intensity level a little bit higher. Continue paddling for 5 minutes.
Now, mix up the intensity level between low and medium. You should not go for a high-intensity level on the very first day. The mixture could be as follows.
- Low intensity for 5 minutes
- Medium intensity for 3 minutes
- Again low intensity for 5 minutes
- Medium intensity for 3 minutes.
- Continue this process for 25 minutes to 35 minutes
- Cool down at a low intensity for 10 minutes.
- Add one minute in your workout time daily.
As a beginner, you should not cross 30 minutes for the very first week. Your changing fitness will force you to increase the time and intensity level.
Riding the Stationary Bike For Fast Weight Loss
Before riding the stationary bike, you should do some basic workouts. The basic workouts will help to boost the blood circulation process. Most beginners make the mistake of riding a bike doing nothing previously.
Follow the instructions carefully. You can customize the intensity and time regarding your plan.
- Start paddling at a low intensity for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Raise the intensity level to the medium level and continue paddling for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now, try to jump at the high-intensity level for 2 to 3 minutes and lower at medium intensity level for 5 minutes. Continue this process for 20 to 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of hard work out, change the intensity level to low. Continue for more than 10 minutes. You should cool down by this time.
If you are a beginner, then follow the previous paragraph first. Don’t panic on the very first day.
Weight Loss On Stationary Bike: Interval Training
Interval training will boost your energy to the main workout. Get 30 minutes more for interval training. This workout session will help you to keep fit. Once you have burnt your fat, go for it.
- Start with off-paddling for 10 minutes at a low intensity. Make sure you have done the basic workouts.
- Now, turn the intensity level to medium for 10 minutes.
- After finishing 10 minutes, go for high intensity for 2 minutes.
- Come down to medium intensity for 2 minutes.
- Continue this process for 25 minutes.
- Lower the intensity level for 10 minutes and cool down.
Safety issues while riding on a stationary bike
- Customize the bike settings according to your height.
- Choose lower-level intensity at the very beginning of the exercise.
- Do some basic workouts like jumping, moving, twisting, up-down, and so on.
- Don’t drink water when you are very thirsty.
- Lubricant the bike regularly so that it appears as a new one.
Final words: You should get the timing of how long should you ride a stationary bike to lose weight. Read each stage carefully and determine your time. If possible, hire an expert to make your workout plan.
At present, the digital stationary bikes show a workout routine. You just need to put your age and weight. Choose the perfect stationary bike that suits you.